Swim Instructor Job Description
The Swim Instructor is responsible for conducting swimming instruction that will ensure a safe, fun area for children and adults to interact and enjoy. This position may involve morning, evening, and weekend responsibilities. Schedule may include up to 6 hours per week teaching group lessons and a varied number of hours teaching private lessons.
Six months to one year of recreation, lifeguard, swim instructor, or water park experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- First Aid and CPR certification required (can provide on-site training)
- Swim Instructor Certification required
- YMCA Swim Instructor Certification preferred
- YMCA Lifeguard Certification, or equivalent, preferred but not required
- Teach aquatic skills
- Follow prepared lesson plans
- Maintain teaching equipment
- Maintain supervision of participants
- Distributes and collects program evaluations
- Implement Character Development in all programs
- Handles parent/member complaints
- Maintains all areas in clean, presentable fashion
- Maintains pool and deck equipment
- Enforces safety standards
- Follows emergency procedures
ABOUT SHERMAN LAKE YMCA
The Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center, offers camping, education, & retreat services, as well as a on site fitness center. We are located on 365 acres of forested woodland and waterfront in Augusta, Michigan. Sherman Lake YMCA Outdoor Center, located in southwestern MI (Augusta), delivers life-changing experiences through the discovery of the great outdoors, skill development and guidance in the importance of building healthy relationships.
Job Type: Part-time