Lifeguard Job Description
Pool Lifeguards primary responsibility is to prevent drowning and injuries in the aquatic environment.
- Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes: morning shifts, mid-day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Pool lifeguards must be able to greet patrons in a friendly manner and role model the four character values of the Sherman Lake YMCA: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Lifeguards must be punctual and have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must also be available for mandatory monthly in-service trainings.
- Pool Lifeguards secondary duties include: maintaining a clean and friendly aquatic environment, complete hourly and daily pool reports, and any other duties as assigned.
- Current American Red Cross lifeguarding along with CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Oxygen Administration, and waterfront module (preferred).
- Must be able to pass a lifeguard swim skills test and pass all criminal background checks before being hired.
- Must be 18 years old to apply.
- Must have clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Must attend monthly mandatory in-service trainings
- Lifeguards: $10.00-$12.00 an hour (based on experience and other qualifications)
- Free Individual Sherman Lake YMCA membership with current employment