JOIN THE Y
Sherman Lake YMCA Memberships are open to everyone. We are an independent YMCA association. Our corporate philosophy is to be Honest, Caring, Respectful, and Responsible in everything we do.
Benefits of Membership to the Sherman Lake YMCA include:
- Pool, gym, fitness center, locker rooms, indoor climbing wall, high ropes and rafters course, outdoor multi-purpose courts, and 2.5 miles of walking or hiking member trails.
- Members must be 13 or older to use the fitness center.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult in the facility.
- Children under 8 years old must have an adult in the pool with them.
- Children 8 – 13 years old may swim while their parent/guardian is in the pool area actively supervising them.
- Flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout the country, at no extra charge. Simply present your YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access!
- The knowledge that your membership fees help keep this valuable community asset open and viable.
- Discount on Sherman Lake YMCA Camps and Wellness Center Programs (like swim lessons).
Membership Types and Rates
Adult (Second in Household)
Teen (Independent Youth)
1st Child in the Household (Additional Children Free)
18 and Older
18 and Older
Joiner's Fees*: The joiner’s fee is used to upgrade equipment and purchase new items for the Wellness Center. The joiner’s fee for members is currently equal to three months fee. Members do have the opportunity to amortize the joiner’s fee over a 6-month period when utilizing Monthly Draft payment options.
Thanks to the assistance of many dedicated donors, we at the Sherman Lake YMCA believe that no individual should be turned away because of the inability to pay. Please inquire about our financial assistance program to reduce both dues and joiner’s fees, based on total household income. If you have any questions please call 269-731-3045.
Click to Download our Financial Assistance Request Form. To apply, please return the completed form along with a Membership Application to the Front Desk or Administration Office with proof of annual income in the form of one of the following: your most recent 1040 tax return, Supplemental Security Income Statement SSI, or a referral from a minister or letter explaining extenuating circumstances. You will hear from the Membership staff within 2 weeks.
Adult (18 and up)
Family (2 adults and 1 or more youth)
Youth (17 and under)
The Y Movement is for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We want to encourage members to utilize the Y as often as they can. Sometimes, it’s more convenient for members to utilize a Y in a different location when traveling, near a workplace or in another region.
Now, full facility/full privilege YMCA members have the flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout the country, at no extra charge. Simply present your active YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up?
You may sign up at the Front Desk of the Recreation Center. The Recreation Center is open daily at 5:30 am, but hours vary slightly with each season, so please call 269-731-3032 to verify. If you'd like more information, please complete our online information request form.
What are the Recreation Center hours?
Find out the full year schedule by clicking here.