Registrar/Accounts Payable Job Description
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Registrar/Accounts Payable position provides support to the administration in day to day accounting and payroll operations, along with excellent customer service in assisting the camping staff with the summer camp registration process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer main phone line and assist with camp registration inquiries and general inquiries about the facility
- Assist families with online camper registration
- Collect and process camp payments
- Send emails/statements regarding outstanding forms and payments
- Organize camper scholarships and sponsorships – apply funding appropriately to camper accounts
- Hire and supervise part-time summer registration staff (responsibilities listed below):
- Form/payment collection and general follow up for upcoming camps
- Organize health forms for onsite nursing staff
- Assist in overnight check-ins
- Assist Transportation Director with organizing day camp early pick-ups
- Responsible for accounts payable, including check requests, record purchases and other expenditures, maintain adequate records and follow-up with suppliers.
- Process and distribute annual 1099s
- Assist Business Manager in preparation of annual audit
- Responsible for camp accounts receivable, invoicing, and all collections
- Responsible for school camping invoicing and collections
- Responsible for petty cash fund, keeping adequate records including verification of account, reconciliation of fund balance and keeping the fund current and operable.
- Responsible for employees’ payroll, current records of employees’ time, and payroll time cards, direct deposit submission, 941 and retirement reporting and submission
- Responsible for part-time employee file management – enter in new employees, process ICHAT and MI New Hire forms
- Responsible for office appearance; responsible for office supplies and their inventory, reordering when necessary.
- Process and distribute mail and packages; keep the postage current in the postage machine.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of accounting and payroll functions preferred.
- Knowledge in the use of computers and systems administration.
- Strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Supervisory skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
$10.50-$15.00 per hour
Please submit your resume to Jennifer Costie, Business Manager
email@example.com by March 30th, 2018.