DAY CAMP INFORMATION
SUMMER CAMP START & END TIMES
Day Camp runs Monday through Friday, beginning at 9:00 am and ending at 4:30 pm.
Sherman Lake YMCA before camp care and drop off begins at 7:00 am and goes until Day Camp begins. Buses depart from transportation sites at 8:00 am.
After camp care and pickup will begin at 4:30 pm and end at 6:00 pm, following the conclusion of closing flag-pole and dismissal of busses.
During before and after camp care times, campers will engage in supervised camper's choice activities.
DAY CAMP TRANSPORTATION SITES
For those who can't take their child to Sherman Lake YMCA Day Camp, here's a great solution! Take advantage of the Sherman Lake YMCA Camp bus program for only $30.
- Portage YMCA - Centre Street, Portage
- Battle Creek Family YMCA
- Maple Street
Buses depart from transportation sites at 8:00 am and return at 5:00 pm
Before and after camp care for our transportation sites is available from 7:00 am - 7:55 am and after care camp is from 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm. Please note that this does NOT include Quick Stops. There is no additional fee for before or after care camp.
Quick stops (parent remains with camper until they are on the bus, must be at the site for pickup):
- Riverside Elementary - Battle Creek, departs by 8:20 am; returns between 4:45 pm - 4:55 pm
- Comstock Public School Administration Building, departs by 8:25 am; returns between 4:40 pm - 4:50 pm
NEW IN 2018! LUNCH OPTION FOR DAY CAMPERS
Sack lunches will be available for day campers at a cost of $30 per week and may be chosen as an option during the registration process. Bagged lunches will be delivered fresh to campers at lunchtime and will include a sandwich, drink, fruit and dessert. Meals must be ordered for the full week. No refunds or cancellations can be given for missed meals.
Sherman Lake YMCA Day Campers are divided amongst three age groups, each with their own unique set of activities:
- Trekkers (rising 1st-3rd graders) will participate in an awesome variety of scheduled summer camp activities throughout the week while also having opportunities to swim at Sherman Lake YMCA's beautiful waterfront and play at the splash pad. Campers will develop new friendships, learn new skills, and have a ton of fun along the way!
- Explorers (rising 4th-5th graders) will participate in an awesome variety of scheduled summer fun, while also choosing an activity of their preference to practice and master throughout the week. Of course, an amazing week of day camp isn't complete without ample trips to the waterfront for a splashing good time on Sherman Lake!
- Adventurers (rising 6th graders and up) will be cultivating their own schedule during their week of summer fun. Campers will have a blast at their dedicated waterfront time each day, as well as have the opportunity to choose an activity area to master throughout the week. To top things off, our Adventurers will also participate in Camper's Choice, where they can choose an activity to start and rotate to, based upon their interests.
- Session 1 - Around the World Week
- Session 2 - Pirate Week
- Session 3 - Disney Week
- Session 4 - Super Hero Week
- Session 5 - Holidays Week
- Session 6 - Wild Wild West Week
- Session 7 - Olympics Week
- Session 8 - Carnival Week
Your camper is your counselor as you explore the grounds of Sherman Lake YMCA Camp. As a family, enjoy everything from the archery range to the waterfront. Bring a picnic dinner or purchase food here at camp (Gull Lake Community Volunteers offer food for purchase). All proceeds go to support the Sherman Lake YMCA campership fund). Remember your swimsuit, towel and closed-toe shoes for climbing. The grand adventure begins at 5 pm - don't be late!
Click here for our Family Night schedule of activities!
Safety is our #1 priority. Camp staff are carefully screened during a character-based hiring process and are selected for their skills and concern for the well-being of children. Professional program staff work directly with counselors to provide guidance and support. Staff are certified in first aid and CPR and have been screened through the highest standards of child safety practices, including background checks. The Sherman Lake YMCA is accredited by the American Camp Association.
It is our belief that no child shall be turned away due to an inability to pay. Each year, we raise funds to help parents send their kids to camp. If the camp fees are just not possible for you right now, we urge you to apply for a camp scholarship. Please feel free to call our camp office at 269.731.3000 or click here for more information.