Join the YMCA
Sherman Lake YMCA Memberships are open to everyone. We are an independent “Young Men’s Christian Association”. Our corporate philosophy is to be Honest, Caring, Respectful, and Responsible in everything we do.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up?
You may sign up at the Front Desk of the Recreation Center. The Recreation Center is open daily at 5:30 am, but hours vary slightly with each season, so please call 269-731-3032 to verify.
What are the Recreation Center hours?
Generally we are open from 5:30am until 9:00pm Monday through Friday with our weekend hours and classes changing slightly seasonally.
If I am a member of this YMCA can I use the Battle Creek or Kalamazoo YMCA’s facilities?
YMCA members have the flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout the state, at no extra charge. Simply present your YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access. For more details, click here.
- Free admittance during scheduled times to the pool, climbing wall, The Park, designated member walking trails, Fitness Center, gymnasium, fitness classes and custom fitness program design.
- Members must be 13 or older to use the fitness center.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult in the facility.
- Children under 8 years old must have an adult in the pool with them.
- Children 8 – 13 years old may swim while their parent/guardian is in the pool area actively supervising them
- Discount on Sherman Lake YMCA Camping and Wellness Center Programs (like swim lessons).
- Flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout the state, at no extra charge. Simply present your YMCA membership card and photo ID at any participating YMCA and enjoy free access!
- The knowledge that your membership fees help keep this valuable community asset open and viable.
- Pool, gym, fitness center, locker rooms, indoor climbing wall, high ropes and rafters course, outdoor multi-purpose courts, and 2.5 miles of walking or hiking member trails.
|Membership Type||Age||Monthly Fees||Joiner's Fee|
|Adult||18 and Older||$56.00||$168.00|
|Adult (Second in Household)||18 and Older||$28.50||$85.50|
|Teen (Independent Youth)||13 - 17 Years||$28.50||$85.50|
|1st Child in the Household (Additional Children Free)||0 - 17 Years||$14.75||$44.25|
Joiner’s Fee: The joiner’s fee is used to upgrade equipment and purchase new items for the Wellness Center. The joiner’s fee for members is currently equal to three months fee. Members do have the opportunity to amortize the joiner’s fee over a 6-month period when utilizing Monthly Draft payment options.
|Membership Fee + Amortized Joiner's Fee over a 6 month Period|
|Adult||18 and Older||$84.00/month|
|Adult (Second in Household)||18 and Older||$42.75/month|
|Teen (Independent Youth)||13 - 17 Years||$42.75/month|
|1st Child in the Household (Additional Children Free)||0 - 17 Years||$22.13/month|
Rates are subject to change without notice. Call 269-731-3032 for more information. Scholarships are available for those who cannot afford the full membership fees, please inquire at the Administration Center or call 269-731-3000.
Sherman Lake YMCA is no longer participating in the Armed Forces Initiative. However, please contact Jill Adamski, Membership Director, for discounts offered to active duty military personnel.
We are happy to have guests at the Sherman Lake YMCA. However, guests must be accompanied by an active member, pay our guest fee, and abide by all YMCA policies.
|Day Pass Fee|
|Youth (17 & Under)||$5.00|
|Adult (18 and Up)||$10.00|
|Family (2 adults and 1 or more youth)||$20.00|
Members hosting more than 5 guests at a time and plan on using the pool, please make prior arrangements with Katie Bean by email: gro.lsacmy@beitak, or by phone at 269.731.3043.
Annual and monthly payment options are available. We accept automatic withdrawal (EFT) from Savings or Checking accounts, VISA and MasterCard. Click Here to Download an Automatic Withdrawal (EFT) Form.
*If a household pays for a full 12 month annual membership, a $25.00 credit will be applied directly to your membership payment, or can be applied toward any Recreation Center program.
Membership on Hold
Sherman Lake YMCA Recreation Center does offer some limited “Holds”. Qualifications include:
Medical – when a physician or doctor recommends you do not use the facility for a given time frame.
Vacation* – when living or travelling out of the area for 2 – 6 months.
Those requesting to be put on hold are required to notify Sherman Lake YMCA in writing at least 15 days prior to the necessary leave with a begin and end date.
* During a vacation hold members are required to pay ½ their regular monthly dues.
If, at some time you no longer desire to be a member, you may cancel at anytime. You must either:
- Notify us in writing and return your membership card.
- Come in person and turn in your membership card and fill out the member exit survey.
There are no refunds or prorated membership fees and you will be subject to paying the current joiner fee upon renewal. If you have any questions, please call 269-731-3045 or email gro.lsacmy@secivresrebmem.
Member Fee Assistance Available
Thanks to the assistance of many dedicated donors, the Sherman Lake YMCA is pleased that no individual is turned away because of lack of ability to pay. Please inquire about our financial assistance program to reduce both dues and joiner’s fees, based on total household income. If you have any questions please call 269-731-3045.
Click to Download our Financial Assistance Request Form : To apply, please return the completed form along with a Membership Application to the Front Desk or Administration Office with proof of annual income in the form of one of the following: your most recent 1040 tax return, Supplemental Security Income Statement SSI, or a referral from a minister or letter explaining extenuating circumstances. You will hear from the Membership staff within 2 weeks.
|Number in Household|
* The percentage is the discount off the regular fee. For example, if there are two adults and an 11 year old child in a household with a household income of $42,000, then their monthly fee would be $55 for the first adult + $27.50 for the second adult + $14.25 for the child = $96.75 – 40% ($38.70) = $58.05 a month. The one time joiner fee (unless a member quits and then rejoins) is always 3 times the monthly rate, and would be based on the reduced monthly rate.