Please Join Us for Family Night at Sherman Lake YMCA!
Sherman Lake YMCA hosts Family Night every Thursday from 5:00-7:00pm. You will be asked Thursday morning when you sign in your child in at their transportation site if he/she will be staying for Family Night that evening. If you are unavailable to attend family night, your child will return to his/her normal transportation site on Thursday.
Schedule for the Night
- 4:45-4:55 pm : Pre-Ceremony Sign Out (A Photo ID is required for anyone signing out a camper, you must be on the approved sign out list for that camper.)
- 5:00-5:15 pm : Opening Ceremony by campers/Introduction by Camp Directors
- 5:15-6:55 pm : Activity areas open for families to enjoy
- 5:30 pm: Special performances – Theatre Camp – Dance Camp (weeks when these specialty camps are scheduled)
- 5:15 pm: Picasso Goes to Camp – stop by the Art Studio to see the campers creations for the week
- 5:30 pm – am horse campers (youngest riders) – horse ride to show their parents (@ horse barn)
- 6:00 pm – pm horse campers (older riders) – horse ride to show their parents (@ horse barn)
- 7:00 pm : Camp closes
- Swimming (Closes at 6:45 pm)
Any relative or friend of campers who have not been swim tested must wear a life jacket. Only children above 48” may swim in the deepest section with a life jacket. Campers must swim in the section their wristband indicates regardless of the presence of an adult. We ask that parents remain at the waterfront while their campers are swimming.
- Boating (Closes at 6:45 pm)
- Climbing Tower (Closes at 6:45pm)
- Face Painting
- Camp Store
Items available in the camp store include: camp t-shirts, water bottles, stuffed animals, and more! The camp store accepts cash and credit cards.
- Dinner Families may pack a picnic dinner or purchase items from the Gull Lake Community Volunteers (GLCV). Items available for sale include: soda, candy, chips, sno-cones, hot dogs and brats. All proceeds go toward the many charitable projects of GLCV (including helping kids come to camp)!
Family Night will continue rain or shine, so please dress appropriately! Activities are only inside if thunder or lightening is present. Note if lightening is present we will close family night early.